Daily Rental Packages
Daily rentals are for fixed period eScooter hire's without a minimum term. Simply hire in-store, or make a booking below. Please note that we may request a refundable security deposit payment along with your hire.
Rent with Gecko
Rent our range of eScooters with Gecko either for the day, week, or month. Learn more at geckoonline.com.au
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the rental process work?
A: Please complete the Panda Pass online form, then come into our store. You will need to bring in a valid form of ID (either driver's license or passport) and a Credit Card. Rentals are pre-payment, so the first month/week rental is paid in-store with your credit card, and thereon automatically debited via your bank account on a monthly or weekly basis. For example, if you rent an eScooter for $110 per month on the 1st January- when you collect the scooter in store, you must pay $110 upfront. Every month or week thereon is debited from your bank account automatically until you return the eScooter. If you return it within one month (before 1st February), then there are no further charges. If you decide to use it for 3 months, then there will be a direct debit charge of $110 on the 1st February and 1st March. If you have any further questions, please give us a call.
Q: What is the minimum term for the rental?
A: The minimum term for the rental is 4-weeks - however, this depends on whether you select Panda Pass or a daily rental option.
Q: Can I return the scooter or bike at any time?
A: Yes, you can return the rental product at any time. However, note that all payments are pre-payments, so for example if you have made the rental payment for the whole month on the 1st February, you have up-until the 1st March to return the scooter before you are billed for another month rental.
Q: What happens if the rental scooter or bike gets lost or stolen?
A: If the rental product gets lost or stolen, you will be required to purchase the product outright at the standard price as if you were buying it at the conclusion of your rental. You may receive some credit available from your rental payments.
Q: What happens if I damage my rental product?
A: WalkSmart covers almost all damage, repairs and servicing items, so you can ride worry-free- knowing that if any problems do arise, WalkSmart will swap and change your product with another one.
Q: What happens if I have an issue with my rental product?
A: You will need to bring it back into the WalkSmart store, and the team will provide you with another product to use for your rental.
Q: How do you process the payment?
A: The first month's rental payment needs to be done in-store by credit card. Each month thereon is automatically scheduled monthly via direct debit from your nominated bank account, until the rental is ended.
Q: What if I have any problems with the rental?
A: The rental can be returned at any time. If you has any problems, there is no further charge or risk.
Q: If I rent a product, am I able to pause for a few months?
A: Yes, you can end the rental at any time, and start again at any time.
Q: If I rent a product and return it after a few months, until how long after can I still purchase the product If I decide too?
A: Generally, you need to purchase the product immediately after once you return it. On occasion, you may liaise with the store team if you are undecided and wish to have more time.
Q: If I move to another city or state, can I transfer the rental product there?
A: Yes, but you must check with store staff prior, especially if there is no other WalkSmart store located in that state/city.
Q: If I have any additional questions, how can I contact you?
A: You may contact the WalkSmart team via phone, email, Facebook or Instagram chat. Please see the contact page on our website for more information.
Q: What happens if I get fined while riding the rental product?
A: It is the renter's responsibility to ensure they are abiding by their local laws. Any fines or penalties are the responsibility of the rider. The renter or rider may contact WalkSmart for guidance.
Q: What is the minimum age for renting a product from WalkSmart.
A: The minimum age is 18, or 16 for riding under parental guidance.
Q: What happens if my rental vehicle tyre goes flat?
A: You can bring into WalkSmart for repair.
Q: Are the rental products new or second-hand products?
A: WalkSmart will provide a mix of used or new products depending on the current scenario. WalkSmart ensures to clean and sanitise every product prior to providing it for rental.
Q: Do you offer daily rentals?
A: Yes, please check our daily rentals here.
Rentals Terms and Conditions
In agreeing to rent and operate one of the WalkSmart (property of Modern Power Solutions Pty Ltd) vehicles, while wearing the compulsory protections supplied by WalkSmart, I agree as follows:
- I accept full responsibility for all vehicles rented by myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years), and agree to pay for any vehicle lost or stolen occurred during my rental period and agree for the replacement costs being withheld from the rental bond.
- I declare that all persons are able to, and capable of riding a scooter and/or bike of their own free will and ability.
- I will be mindful of and apply commonsense to minimize and prevent any danger or risk occurring to myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years), property and rented vehicles.
- I will adhere to all local and government road safety rules, laws and guidelines whilst riding in both community and public areas.
- I agree to ensure that myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years) all wear a helmet (legal requirement) at all times whilst riding a rental scooter or bike, and that the vehicle is used and operated in a safe manner.
- I take full responsibility for any and all equipment and vehicles rented by myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years), and apply suitable precautions against theft and/or damage by housing or securing safely all rental equipment.
- I agree to be responsible for myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years) and will be held responsible for all risk taken by myself, partner, third party (or child if under the age of 18 years) during activities.
- I agree NOT to lend or loan either scooter/s and/or bike/s or equipment to a third party during the rental period.
- I agree to return all rental scooter/s and/or bike/s and related rental equipment in the same condition as was initially rented to me.
- I acknowlede and agree that my store credit gathered from the rentals will last for four months amounting to 50% of the total rentals paid for my account.
- I acknowledge that although Walksmart will cover every damage on the rental scooter during the rental period, I will ride the scooter with utmost care as if it is my own.
I fully understand and acknowledge that driving one of the electric vehicles rented by WalkSmart has
- (a) inherent risks, dangers, and hazards and such exists in my participation in this activity;
- (b) my participation in such activity may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that, could cause serious disability to myself or bystanders;
- (c) by my participation in these activities, I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages. I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify the Modern Power Solutions Pty Ltd and all its members from any and all claims, actions, negligence or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of participation in this activity. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging, and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future. I understand that Modern Power Solutions Pty Ltd does not condone the irresponsible use of its products. I understand that I am responsible for informing the shop assistant of any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries that may affect my ability to use the products properly.
- (d) I understand that helmets are mandatory and agree to wear an approved helmet at all times. Helmets are necessary for each rider, but they do not eliminate all risk of injury in the event of an accident.
- (e) In signing this document, I fully recognise that if injury, illness, death or damage occurs to me/my child while I am engaged in renting this electric vehicle, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against WalkSmart or its affiliates, officers, agents or employees, even if they or any of them negligently cause my injury/my child’s injury, illness, death or damage.
- I give consent to have my personal information stored digitally and securely with WalkSmart. This may include; full name, address, phone number, email address, credit card, drivers licence, passport, ID, bank statement, in-store portrait image.
- I give consent to WalkSmart to remotely GPS locate each rental vehicle at any time during the duration of the rental.
- I agree that If I am unable to make payment for a scheduled rental debit, WalkSmart reserves the right to bill a $10 late payment collection fee or the bond may be forfeited.
I have of my own free will (voluntarily) and without any pressure and/or cohesion read, understand, and agree to the above terms and conditions of this Rental Agreement and Waiver form.